Friday, February 03, 2006

Synopsis

Ok, so I've done this a few times, but have never commited to it. Now I find myself keeping in touch with my friends and people far away and living via their blog. Creepy, I know, but I guess I'm not the only one or you freaks wouldn't be reading this either!

So my wife and I have been moving around a bit lately. We started in the DC area (I loved it there, but we couldn't afford to live there anymore). In Sept. '03 we made the move to Atlanta, it was a compromise bringing us closer to family without having to move to Florida (Nothing against Floridians, but you can keep it man! I hate that place). Soon after moving to Atlanta we realized that it wasn't as inexpensive as we thought, traffic was terrible (worse than DC) and the people there were the pits. We hated it there, but we didn't know where to go. Kahty's folks are southerners and after 2 years in Florida, they moved to Mississippi. About 8 months later all hell broke lose. My mom had a heart attack, I lost my marbles and quit my job, and Kathy became pregnant. Soon after my sisters and I decided that my mom couldn't stay in Florida any longer, she was in a big house that required lots of maintenance and there was no family close by if anything happened to her. We made the decision that she should move to Texas to be closer to my sister while maintaining the "warm" atmosphere that she had gotten used to in hell, er... Florida. Kathy gave birth to our wonderful daughter Ella in the spring and we decided after much debate to move to San Antonio to be closer to my mom and sister. We wanted Ella to know her family. I got a job with a wireless company that will remain nameless to protect the innocent. Prior to that I worked for the most evil company known to man (Worldcom/MCI). I've been in the telecommunications industry for over six years know and although I love the technology end of it, it is the most poorly run industry ever! After only 4.5 months, I've been given surplus notification. So I'm looking at jobs once again and trying to figure out what's next. Might be another move in our future. If I had my way we'd end up in Colorado or Oregon. I'd really like to live in Portland as it's a cycling mecca, but the cost of living there is pretty high, and I suffer from SAD (seasonal affective disorder) which means the overcast PNW weather would really make me a bear to live with, maybe one of those light boxes would help me out. Tough sale none the less as Kathy really wants Ella to grow up knowing her family and we have none out there.

That's it for now, thanks for tuning in. See you next time.

No comments: