Friday, March 03, 2006

Cats vs. Dogs

I stole this from over on the MOJO board, but since I don't have pics of the Niner or a ride report yet, this will have to do for now. Wow, it's been a week since my last post....

Cats vs. Dogs
As seen in a dog's diary:

7 am - Oh boy! A walk! My favorite!
8 am - Oh boy! Dog food! My favorite!
9 am - Oh boy! The kids! My favorite!
Noon - Oh boy! The yard! My favorite!
2 pm - Oh boy! A car ride! My favorite!
3 pm - Oh boy! The kids! My favorite!
4 pm - Oh boy! Playing ball! My favorite!
6 pm - Oh boy! Welcome home Mom! My favorite!
7 pm - Oh boy! Welcome home Dad! My favorite!
8 pm - Oh boy! Dog food! My favorite!
9 pm - Oh boy! Tummy rubs on the couch! My favorite!
11 pm - Oh boy! Sleeping in my people's bed! My favorite!

* * * *

As seen in a cat's diary:

Day 383 of my captivity... My captors continued to taunt me with
bizarre little dangling objects. They dine lavishly on fresh meat,
while I am forced to eat dry cereal. The only thing that keeps me going
is the hope of escape, and the mild satisfaction I get from clawing the
furniture and urinating on the bath mat.

Tomorrow I may eat another house plant. Today my attempt to kill my
captors by weaving around their feet while they were walking almost
succeeded - must try this at the top of the stairs. In an attempt to
disgust and repulse these vile oppressors, I once again induced myself
to vomit on their favorite chair - must try this on their bed, or
swallow enough thread from my captors mending basket to produce a
trailing piece of fecal matter.

I decapitated a mouse and brought them the headless body in an attempt
to make them aware of the horror that I am capable of, and to try to
strike fear in their hearts. They only cooed and condescended about
what a good little cat I was. Hmmm, not working according to plan...
Later, there was some sort of gathering of their accomplices. I was
placed in solitary throughout the event. However, I could hear the
noise and smell the food. More importantly, I overheard that my
confinement was due to my powers of inducing "allergies." Must learn
what this is and how to use it to my advantage.

I am convinced the other captives are flunkies and maybe snitches. My
proof is that the dog is routinely released and seems more than happy
to return. He is obviously a half-wit. The bird, on the other hand, has
got to be an informant, as he speaks
with them regularly. I am certain he reports my every move. Due
to his current placement in the metal room, his safety is assured.

But I can wait, it is only a matter of time...

1 comment:

gwadzilla said...

that was really pretty funny
and
I am a dog person