Friday, January 08, 2010

Day 8 of '10.... 3rd ride

... cold morning, the dash doesn't take windchill into account... felt more like 17* Ground was frozen solid, ice on the streets, feels like winter. Tomorrow's forecast low of 15* which we don't get often here in central TX.
Yeah, I know I'm getting soft. Not only fat, but soft. My feet froze, didn't have proper footwear, will wear wool socks next go around. Good shot of my nickname. So far two rides on the EM, and I must say it's a great bike. I see the beginning of many great adventures together.


As my parting shot yesterday, you may remember this picture.


So what's the big deal you ask? Well, there's something missing from this picture... this:



I've ranted about trail sanitation in the past, especially @ this trail... please if you ride out here, don't take it upon yourself to make things easier for the rest
of us.... some of us enjoy the challenge. Instead, please call the Corps of Engineers and ask how you can volunteer for trail work.... we're going to need it this spring for sure.

In other trail news... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot!




As far as I know hunting & guns are illegal on Corps land, with the exception of the special needs kids hunt.

1 comment:

e. said...

glad you're getting a little winterized out there!! enjoy it while it lasts. :)