Saturday, July 11, 2009

Irresponsible parenting....

... so I'm not the best parent. I never claimed to be. I do the best I can with what I have and try to be as good an example as possible. Today, I felt like the best parent in the world. Took E to the pool in the morning, and we were about to wrap it up (after 11 the sun/heat become too much)when a mom, granny and their 3 kids come in. I waited around for a few minutes to see if there would be any chemistry between E and their little girl, who looked younger.... none. The mom, seemed pretty scatter brained, granny didn't have a clue.... typical Texans, nice as can be but not much going on between the ears. So, mom let's the middle boy hit the pool with his floatie ring thing... he's 2ish years old.... typical boy, just wants to be there yesterday. So, he hops on his floatie, but it's an around the waist style, and he's mounted it like a chair.... begins to float away. Granny is too busy looking off into space, while mom is dealing with the youngest..... ~1 year, when it happens... Jr flips forward launching the floatie and leaving him face down in the water... I look over and granny is oblivious and mom has her hands full, but not a word is said, I'm in the water, shirt, flip flops, glasses, hat. get Jr up and out, give him a couple of back pats until he cries, and walk him out to mom.... again, not a word. I'm kinda freaking out a bit inside because if I hadn't jumped it could have gone really bad... I look over @ E and thank the stars above that I'm not that clueless... at least not all of the time ;^)

3 comments:

erin said...

WTF? not even a "thank you, kind sir"?? texas has the clueless parenting and nova has the OVER parenting... it's a toss-up.

fatbob29r said...

Nada... it was pretty amazing how instinct just took over as was evident by my soaked shirt, flip flops, and hat.... oh well, just made the ride home nice & cool... towing Ella in the trailer is getting tougher, gotta get her a trail - a - bike so she can help pedal on the hill home ;o)

erin said...

we love a trail-a-bike!!